If you want the plaster of your house to last longer without any cracks, then you need to know these things. These things can make the plaster much stronger.
1. The first thing that you have to do is to make the wall flat and in a line. This can ensure that there is no varying thickness of plaster on the wall surface. More the thickness of the plaster, the more are the chances of it falling off and developing cracks, so try to keep it thin.
2. You have to spray the wall with water 1 day before plastering, that is you have to do tarai (curing ) so that bricks do not suck the water from plaster and it prevents plaster from weakening.
3. The RCC member of the house i.e. Beam and column Have to be coated with cement water(Cement sari) first before plastering. This will make sure that the plaster forms a good bond with the wall by giving it strength.
3. You can use chemicals in the plaster to help increase the bonding and increase strength, although some people use raccoon fibers and other compounds.
4. And if you use PPC cement in the plaster mix, then it is a good thing for your plaster. Also the cement should not be older than 60 days so it doesn’t have any lumps in it.
5. Before plaster, You have to clean the RCC surface and ensure thet there is no fort plaster sticking to it.
6. Use chicken mesh or fiber mesh on the joint of the column and brick wall.
7. Sufficient curing(watering) of the plaster should be done for 7 to 10 days.
8. When using sand for plaster make sure there is no soil mixed in it.
9. The thickness of ceiling plaster should not be more than 6mm. And the proportion of cement and sand should be 1:4.
10. Now about exterior plaster, then if external plaster is single coat then thickness should be between 15 to 20 mm and if there is double coat plaster then the thickness should be between 20 to 25 mm. For this you can put the cement sand ratio as 1:5 or 1:6.
11. While doing plaster, many people have this misconception that if we use a lot of cement then it is a better thing, but if you use cement more than proof, Then the plaster can fall off and develop cracks.
If you do plastering considering these points then your plaster will last for a longer period of time. And will protect your house from any harsh weather.